1. About the partnership with Hitachi Capital.
At Dental & Skin we offer 12 month interest free finance for both skin and dental treatments. Our partnership is with Hitachi Capital, a leading financial company that for 35 years has led the way in providing finance to enable consumers and businesses to grow and prosper. Hitachi Capital is the UK’s leading point of sale finance provider.
Applying for finance helps us plan your treatment ahead of time as we will book your appointments in advance with no extra charge. You will be paying for your treatment in equal monthly installments debited directly in a credit/debit card of your choosing.
Usually patients choose the 1 year interest free finance but you can also choose to pay for your treatment in 2, 3, 4 or 5 years, so you can split your costs further.
2. Who is eligible for finance?
To be eligible, customer must meet the following 4 requirements:
- Minimum age of 18 years
- UK resident for more than 12 months
- Have their own personal Bank Account from which Direct Debit can be taken.
Meet one of the following employment statuses:
- Employed, working 16 hours minimum per week, on a permanent contract.
- Self-employed working a minimum of 16 hours per week.
- Retired person (this includes early retirement)
- A person on disability allowance, for which they can provide proof.
- Student nurse or doctor
- If unemployed and a ‘’house person’’, they can apply for the finance providing they have a cohabiting spouse/partner who can provide employment details.
3. Who is not eligible for Hitachi Capital finance?
- Unemployed people
- Temporary positions/agency workers
- Childminders working from home – unless they have a registered (with Ofsted) creche/nursery
- Foster carers are not acceptable unless partner/spouse is in permanent employment (16 hours per week minimum).
- Students (other than trainee nurses and doctors). Students who are working 16 hours or more per week would still not be eligible for consideration for Hitachi capital Finance.
4. Can I apply for finance under somebody else’s name?
- Yes, if you are unemployed or a ‘’house person’’ you can apply for finance if you have a cohabitant partner/spouse who can provide employment details.
5. Can I apply for Finance if I am a student?
- No, you cannot apply for finance if you are a student, even if working 16 hours or more per week.
6. Acceptable proof of residency and signature.
You will be required to show a valid proof of residency and proof of signature.
An acceptable proof of residency would be:
- Driving license with current residential address(within date)
- Bank or building society statement dated in the last 3 months with your current residential address.
- Public Utility bill dated in the last 3 months with your current residential address.
- Official document (e.g. pension book) with your current residential address.
An acceptable proof of signature would be:
- Credit or debit card
- Driving license (within date)
- Police warrant card
- H.M. Forces Identity Card
7. What are the types of decisions that may appear and what are the next steps in case?
- Accept– you have been accepted by Hitachi Capital for the Finance and we can start your treatment.
- Decline– you have been declined by Hitachi Capital for the Finance. You can still choose to pay for your treatment as you go.
- Referred– this means that Hitachi capital is analyzing your application and will yet come with a decision. After 2 hours , we will look back to see if the application status has changed, if not, we will keep looking back until they’ve made a decision.
- Conditionally Accept– this is similar to ‘’referred’’. The only key difference is this is an accepted agreement, but with a technical issue. We can easily edit this to correct the information.
8. Can I settle early and make over payments?
- Yes, and any interest will be adjusted accordingly. There is no penalty for this and you can even manage your account online with Hitachi using the ‘’Savvi’’ system which operates in the same way as internet banking.
9. How will I know when the first payment comes out?
- Usually, the first payment comes out one month after the application has been accepted, however Hitachi will send you a welcome letter when the funds to us, giving you details of payment dates.
10. Can I change the payment dates?
- Yes. All you need to do is call Hitachi quoting the references on your welcome letter.
11. Can I cancel my application after it’s been approved?
- Yes. You can cancel your application within 14 days after approval, only if treatment hasn’t started.